Almost December ! Have You Reviewed Your Life Goals?

by - Thursday, November 03, 2016
Hi everyone
It's a pleasure to have you here. It's almost the end of the year and we are all about goals and how to keep them. 
But after making life goals, it is necessary to review them.

how to review your life goals

Why do I review my life goals?

I was going over my life goals and thinking to myself - "why not do a post about this?" So I'm glad you are reading. 

I have been worried about doing what I am supposed to do in order to achieve the things I am supposed to achieve.

The truth is since last year, I started taking goal setting seriously and I am glad I did because I now know the direction my life should be taking.

With the year coming to an end, I decided to review my life goals. Here is why:

Why I review my life goals:

- To remind myself of the goals I set.

- To know if I am doing the things I ought to do to achieve them.

- To have a general view of how much I have achieved or how far I have gone in achieving them.

- To modify some goals I set in the past.

- To modify the time set for the realisation of a goal depending the circumstances at present;

- To analyse if these goals are really what I need for my life.

- To encourage myself to stay focused on the goals by acknowledging how far I have gone with achieving my goals.

-To find out my obstacles and distractions along the way and figure out a solution.

- To correct any assumptions that I made in the past which is no longer right today.

How do I review my life goals?

Before reviewing life goals we should have at least had our goals clearly defined and written down. Read this post to know Practical Ways to Set Your Life Goals.

To review my goals:

- I read all my goals again.

- While reading, I tick, cross and make side notes. I tick where I succeeded, cross where I failed and make notes where I have made changes and not yet completed.

- I make sure I take note of my obstacles and distractions.

If necessary I can write out my goals again taking into consideration the modifications I have made. From here, I can see clearly where I need to make more efforts and why I am not making much progress. I can also add any new goals I decide to achieve.

Remember that goals are never static. They change and grow with you. Your needs and desires are never the same year in and year out. So your goals need to be constantly reviewed and modified for better guidance towards the life you have always wanted to have.

Tell me what you think in a comment.

GOOD LUCK for the rest of the year!

Also, read:

How to choose the Right Career(s)

Photo: pixabay.com

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Absolutely great post Ngumabi. We need to reflect on and review our life's goal especially now that the year is almost ending. This is a good reminder.

    http://Jessicahugoinspire.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in making goals especially during year end. Gives one that focus and sense of direction. And the joy of achieving those goals is priceless. I live for such moments. Thank you for sharing.

    deffinatlyshaz.co.zw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Sharron. Thanks for reading dear.

      Delete

Have anything to add? Leave it in the comments below!