Ambitious or Materialistic ?

Friday, December 30, 2016

Hi, guys!

How are y'all doin'?
Hope good!

This topic might please some people and it might not. But let's dig into it anyway.

Ambitious or materialistic

I have been thinking about this for a while now and have been wondering if I should post about it. I just decided to go ahead and write about it to at least air my mind or hear another person's opinion about this.

I have met many guys who claim that they want girls who are not materialistic. Even on social media especially Facebook, it's not hard to find guys (and girls) blasting ladies with their comments when they hear that a girl chose the better-positioned guy among the guys asking her out.

But I say eh?

If ambition is defined as the determination to achieve success, then why shouldn't it be applied to all aspects of one's life including relationships? 

Everyone dreams of being with prince charming, and wouldn't mind that this same prince spoils her from time to time with affection. Not any type of affection ooh, but quality one! Gifts, romantic dates, vacations and fun trips not to talk of special surprises.

So does being ambitious in order to live the love of your dreams make you materialistic?
Or who really is a materialistic girl?

I see you thinking about it.
Please share your opinion.

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I think being materilistic is when all you care about is the material things. You wanting to be spoiled by your man isnt materialistic at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your contribution Ifeoma
      I think same

      Delete
  2. Materialism is all about the mind set. Believe me yours truly about 80% of guys don't cherish ladies with opulent quest. A lady can achieve her ambitions without necessarily squeezing out the life of a guys pocket in the name of passion for fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charly for your contribution
      It's great to have a male opinion on this.

      Delete
  3. I think a woman deserves the rights to be materially fulfilled by her spouse when she's married. And it's not to say that she's materialistic. It's a decent ambition to be financially established in her family alongside her husband and children...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Nice to have you here again Edwin. Thanks for your wonderful contribution.

      Delete
  4. gold digger... a girl who is wit a guy only for his money.. she doesnt really care how he is as a person... she is jus using him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post! I think the same think of Ifeoma..I think being materilistic is when all you care about is the material things ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glam Chic
      Nice to have you contribute here

      Delete
  6. Idc if I sound materialistic but I love a man who can provide, I won't lie. Obviously, if I don't feel any type of attraction towards him I won't use him for money but if we like each other why should I feel bad for letting myself get spoiled? Cool article 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria
      I do agree with your view
      Thanks for your honest opinion

      Delete
  7. Lovely post! I feel like it's so hard not to be materialistic in this age we live in x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not afraid to say I'm materialistic, certain things I have and buy make me happy and I'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend who does treat me time to time. BUT we both work incredibly hard for the things we have and the things we do so I don't see it as an issue.

    I absolutely loved this post, it got me thinking so thanks for sharing

    Kisses and Love
    Jazziepickles xoxo

    www.jazziepickles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Jazmine
      I enjoyed reading your comment
      Thanks my dear

      Delete
  9. An ambitious lady is a goal getter, she's independent and self sufficient. A materialistic lady on the other hand relies solely on a man for her well being, and demands heaven on earth. No doubt a man should provide and take care of his woman, but most women take advantage of that and turn the men into fathers.


    www.tegaenai.com
    5 things to consider before starting a blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have you here Tega
      You are right, a lady needs to be independent too
      Thanks for your comment dear

      Delete
  10. I think when it comes to looking at materialistic things in any relationship then that is when things start going hey wire.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will keep the conversation going. Let's hear from you too.

Like us on Hellocoton

Ma Page sur Hellocoton

Subscribe by Email