Ankara Bangles and Making money from your passion!

by - Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Hello, My Sweet Loves! 💗💗💗

I'm so happy to have you here again!
So how have you been?

I hope your life hasn't been on a roller coaster like mine. Between blogging, yoga (Yes ooh!I am a yogi now. Will talk about it in a future post), spending time with myself and making Ankara bangles, it has not been easy. But God has been Kind.

Fab Bantu Ankara Bangles

This is the end of the year and I am all about paving my way to my dream life! In a previous post, I talked about setting healthy goals in order to eat healthier.

And just like staying healthy I need to build my career to access this dream life. We all go to school dreaming of what we are going to become. I won't pretend I had a passion for one particular thing. I admired a lot of professions and till about secondary school where a hidden passion started showing up.


My lovely grandma had (and still has) a sewing machine at home and that was my favourite place for adventure. After breaking countless sewing needles and getting thread entangled in the machine uncountable times (and I got scolded for that of course), I finally learnt how to paddle and sew smoothly.

I then became the cut 'am nail 'am tailor (meaning - cut and nail tailor) at home. I felt so happy to modify my clothes and sew new clothes for myself despite the fact that I was not good at cutting out the fabric.

With time I realised that I wanted to be part of the fashion business. I didn't really know how. I had no machine and had abandoned my sewing skills since I left home to the university.

Fab Bantu Ankara Bangles

Three years ago I decided to stop waiting for everything to be right before I start making my mark in the fashion world. With 5000 francs CFA, I bought some fabric and Fab Bantu was born (at the time, I called it Outfit. But that is a story for another day)! 

After making a few designs and taking it to a tailor, I made plans to use part of my allowance and money from any sales to grow the business.

Fab Bantu Ankara Bangles

Yes, I was in business and still am today! It's been rocky because it has been a combination of school and business. At the same time, I have learnt a lot and have grown in terms of experience.

Fab Bantu Ankara Bangles

With the hopes of starting a physical store soon, Fab Bantu is very operational on the internet.

You can have all the products on the site of 👉 Fab Bantu .

Fab Bantu Ankara Bangles

Please show us some love on social media.

Follow us on Facebook by clicking here .

If you are on Twitter follow us by clicking here .

And be part of our Google+ circle by clicking this link  and following us too.

I say to you: Do what you love, dream BIG and make concrete plans to live your dreams! 👉Click to Tweet

Fab Bantu Ankara Bangles

I modelled these Ankara handmade bangles which are the latest products from Fab Bantu. What makes them unique is that they are very light and so you can wear as many as you desire. Sizes vary from BIG - Medium - Small. Visit Fab Bantu for more.

Fab Bantu Ankara Bangles

What is your passion? Are you making money out of it? What's your entrepreneur story?
Please, Like, share and comment if you found this post interesting.

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. This was such a lovely read. Just what I needed at this time. You are doing well and you will go places. Have a beautiful day!

    www.zinnyfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Thanks Zinny for your encouraging comment.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Interesting post. "passion" is one of most favourite word in the world. I can die for it. Lol.

    We really do have a lot in common. First, natural hair. Now, Ankara. Cool.

    All the best, Ngumabi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we do have things in common. Cool right?
      Thanks so much my dear for stopping by and commenting
      It's always a pleasure to have you on my blog

      Delete

Have anything to add? Leave it in the comments below!